So you recently found a small stash of some old weed and you’re wondering if you can still smoke it. Will it still get you high or will it hurt you? It’s a frequently asked question. Obviously, you don’t want to let any of your precious herb go to waste if you can avoid it. Fortunately, there are several ways you can use old weed and still reap the benefits of it. If you’re going to use old weed, it’s best to repurpose it. But first, we need to answer a couple of questions:
If you smoke old weed, will you still get high? YES. Just about any “smoker” that you talk to has a story about finding an old stash. But over time, the cannabinoids, flavonoids, and terpenes decrease. So the weed is less potent.
Is using old weed too risky or is it safe? If stored properly, weed can stay good for roughly 2 years. At that point, it begins to degrade. However, it doesn’t pose a threat to one’s health or safety.
And now for the big question? How can you salvage your old weed? Obviously, it won’t be as enjoyable compared to fresh weed. Therefore, it’s best repurpose it or find an alternative means for using it. Here are some suggestions:
- Make a concentrate – if you want to experiment a little, you can create some extremely strong concentrates like bubble hash or tinctures.
- Make edibles – chances are, your old cannabis has lost some of its potency. However, if it’s used in some form of edible, it can help salvage its psychoactive characteristics. Whether you make gummy bears or cookies, the choice is yours.
- Make kief – this is one of the best ways to salvage your old cannabis. Kief is the result of grinding your cannabis nuggets which produces the powdery substance (still weed) that’s beneath the screen in your grinder.
- Rehydrate it – over time, cannabis loses its moisture and eventually dries out. Fear not; you can rehydrate your old cannabis. You can do this by putting citrus peel in with your weed or use a humidity pack to help maintain is strength longer. Store it in a clean and dry container after that.
- Vape it – if you want a break from normality, put your old weed in a vaporizer. Rather than combusting your cannabis the traditional way, vaping steams your cannabis so you can savor the desired effects. Its just another way to smoke it!
While these are great ideas for salvaging your old cannabis, why not smoke that fresh weed out of one of our outstanding smoking accessories. For more information, send your questions to Tank Glass at email@example.com.