The Best Water Pipes Use the Best Technology
Whether you’re a new smoker or a seasoned one, one thing we can all agree on is a bong is one of the most satisfying forms of consumption. And the quality of that glass water pipe can make all the difference in the quality of your session.
One of the best reasons for smoking out of a glass water pipe is the clean experience you get with one made out of quality glass. On the other hand, bongs made out of other materials or cheaper quality glass can alter the taste and aroma of the smoke. Worst of all is the potential for toxins.
Buying a water pipe in today’s marketplace can be confusing. If you look at the sheer amount of glass water pipes online these days, it’s easy to see why. At Tank, we have been the industry standard for quality for years. Why? Let’s unpack that.
The Breakable Bong
If you have any experience with glass water pipes, you know that a broken one is a very sad sight. Many people get pretty fond of their pieces and having one break is just, well, heart-breaking. We’ve been there.
At Tank, we’ve put an end to this travesty! We have officially declared “No more breakable bongs!” So how did we do it?
When it comes down to a quality bong, it’s all about the glass. Here at Tank, we knew this when we got together a 5-man team of engineers and scientists to do what nobody else has yet been able to replicate -- create the first unbreakable glass water pipe.
But Isn’t Glass Breakable?
Well, yes. And not necessarily. Because you have glass and then you have “scientific” glass. “Scientific” glass, otherwise known as borosilicate glass, is one that combines boric acid, silica sand, soda ash and alumina.
This glass was first created in the late 19th century by a German glassmaker named Otto Schott. Borosilicate glass is used in laboratory and scientific settings where intensive thermal insulation and durability is needed. In the early 1900s, this kind of glass could be found in household goods by the Corning company under the name of Pyrex. Even though Pyrex is still around, they no longer use this form of glass. But we do.
Borosilicate glass gives our glass water pipes
- Durability -- Since borosilicate glass has such a low coefficient for thermal expansion, it won’t expand and contract like normal glass which is the primary cause of breakage. Consequently, it doesn’t crack and break under intense heat. In fact, it’s so durable, we’ve been told they even use it to store nuclear waste.
- Extreme Temperature Resistance -- Borosilicate glass will not start to melt until it reaches 550°F. This makes it a perfect glass for anything that needs to be heated.
- Thermal Shock Resistance -- While no glass is completely unbreakable borosilicate is much more likely to simply crack than actually shatter.
- Easy To Clean -- Because the surface of our glass is nonporous, it is naturally anti-stick which makes for easier clean up
- Extreme Optical Clarity -- Because borosilicate glass is extremely clear, you get a better idea of what’s going on inside.
Resistant to Corrosion / Erosion
In addition to the thermal and shock resistant attributes of borosilicate glass, we decided to up the game. Our glass water pipes are blown to a 9mm thickness. What does that mean to you?
The Industry Standards Aren’t Good Enough for Us
Well, if you consider that industry standards are between 3.5mm and 5mm with the latter a standard of quality, you can see how ours blows the competition away. Our team of master glass blowers create each bong to order right here in the United States. With each of our pieces, you are getting a work of quality that you can’t find anywhere else. It may just be the last bong you will ever need.
Mixing Science With Pleasure
At Tank, we’ve been accused of mixing science with pleasure. Guilty, as charged.
Each of our pieces is made with class-A, non-float certified glass with a solid, reinforced base and is fixed to a thick tank joint with an included 14mm bowl and downstem complete with an ice ring catch. What you get with a Tank water pipe is stability and toughness that you just won’t find with most other bongs out there today.
We Have What You Need
What are you looking for? Do you need a good solid sturdy piece that you can use everyday at home or are you looking for a mini water pipe that can go everywhere with you? Are you an avid smoker looking for that one massive statement piece? Whatever you’re looking for, we have it covered.
The Tank collection includes
- The original Tank Beaker -- standing at 12 inches, it includes a ring ice-catcher, ultra solid tank joint, a free 14mm tank bowl, free downstem, free custom-fitted carrying case and a lifetime warranty.
- Tank Max Beaker -- standing at 18 inches, it includes a ring ice-catcher, ultra solid tank joint, a free 14mm tank bowl, free downstem, free custom-fitted carrying case and a lifetime warranty.
- Tank Mini Beaker -- our mini water pipe, standing at a portable 12 inches, includes a ring ice-catcher, ultra solid tank joint, a free 14mm tank bowl, free downstem, free custom-fitted carrying case and a lifetime warranty.
- Tank Straight Tube -- standing at 12 inches, it is one of our most durable models and includes a ring ice-catcher, ultra solid tank joint, a free 14mm tank bowl, free downstem, free custom-fitted carrying case and a lifetime warranty.
At Tank, we offer the best quality bongs for your long-term arsenal by producing a sturdy, flawless piece that is made to order just for you. We have perfected indestructibility so you can get the best and most consistent experience possible. Don’t take our word for it. Check out our 5-star reviews. Tank has quickly become a classic in smoking technology.