- Secondhand vape is equally as hazardous as secondhand tobacco smoke – FALSE. Since vaporizers don’t actually burn any product, they release negligible amounts of carcinogens and nicotine into the air. We’ve seen countless studies whose results have shown that secondhand tobacco smoke is harmful. As more of these studies are conducted, you’ll see more evidence proving that secondhand vape is far less harmful than secondhand tobacco smoke.
- Vaping is a gateway to tobacco smoking – FALSE. Interestingly enough, vaporizers were actually designed and developed to help you quit smoking tobacco. It’s a healthier alternative to smoking tobacco. Plus, it doesn’t have the foul odor and negative stigma that is characteristic of smoking tobacco. As a result, many tobacco smokers have turned to vaping in order to quit smoking tobacco and decrease the risk of potentially debilitating future health issues.
- Vaping is as hazardous to your health as smoking – FALSE. When you smoke, you’re burning tobacco, thereby releasing harmful materials such as ash, smoke, and carcinogens into the air. Conversely, the only thing that passes over the product you’re inhaling is heated air and water vapor. Consequently, you aren’t breathing in all those nasty chemicals that you would be when smoking tobacco. Other than nicotine, e-liquid ingredients don’t harm our bodies.
- Vaporizer batteries can explode without warning – FALSE provided proper care is taken. Batteries can become dangerous and fry. However, using them properly lowers the risk of them exploding. As with other types of batteries, vaporizer batteries require adequate ventilation because they produce heat when being used or charging. If the vents get blocked, heat and pressure build up and can cause the battery to explode.
- Vaporizers aren’t regulated by the Federal Government – FALSE. Initially, that was true. However, vape manufacturers and retailers held to much higher standards by the FDA today. Additionally, FDA regulations and the testing conducted in most vape shops ensure the consumer that you are purchasing a safe product.
Although poorly conducted research and the rumor mill have created a panic about vaping and vaporizers, the bottom line is that smoking tobacco directly is far more hazardous to your health than vaping or using vaporizers. However, when you use water pipes or glass bongs, the smoke is filtered through and is a more effective way of enjoying your smoke.