Although joint rolling machines have long been considered a crutch or the training wheels for rolling a joint, they certainly deserve a place in every weed smoker’s kit. With that being said, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of these simple, yet often overlooked rolling tool.
Joint Rolling Machine ProsWhile they may not be the ideal way to display your joint rolling skills, rolling machines are quick and efficient. Here are some of the pros of using a joint rolling machine to roll your joints vs. hand rolling them:
- Easy to use – rolling machines come with simple instructions and are amazingly easy to use. There are only a few moving parts and are very durable. Plus, they only require minimal motor skills.
- Efficiency and speed – you can roll a joint in less than a minute with a rolling machine, more if you really adept at it. This is by far, a much quicker and more efficient way of rolling, especially when rolling more than just a few joints.
- Inconspicuousness – despite the fact that cannabis has gained acceptance globally, there are those who still attach a stigma to the user. Since rolling machines produce a cleaner, more uniform joint that is cigarette-like in appearance, it’s easier for the smoker to blend in (although the smell might give it away).
- Uniformity – unlike hand-rolling, your joints will all look pretty much the same when you use a rolling machine. Remember what it was like when you first started hand-rolling your joints? You never knew what to expect.
Joint Rolling Machine ConsAs with anything else, there are certain cons to consider when deciding between hand rolling and using a rolling machine. Thus, the cons of using a rolling machine include:
- One size doesn’t always fit all – despite their consistency in rolling, rolling machines can be inflexible. If you don’t like shape or size of a rolling machine joint, you’re simply out of luck.
- Poor quality machines roll poor quality joints – those who complain about rolling machines either used poor quality devices or haven’t used one at all. Unfortunately, poor quality rolling machines are everywhere. So, choose yours wisely. Bd rollers with cheap quality vinyl sheaths will usually produce joints that are uneven. This leads to a tough way to draw the smoke through the joint.
- The stigma – there’s always going to be that one snob in the group that belittles the person who uses a rolling machine. Remember, you always have the option of not sharing with them if they criticize too much.
Share this post
- Tags: cannabis essentials